Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

R.I.P 2PAC - Holler If You Hear Me (1993)

Couldn't let today go by without blessing this blog with some Pac. September 13th is another day I will never forget. Back when you learned news over the radio, I heard Colby Colb on Power 99 announce it around 8pm on a Friday night. I just knew Pac would pull through. He never came across as a mere mortal and he was shot before so hearing that he was gone I was disappointed. I felt that all the East Coast v. West Coast drama was the cause, I have since matured and now know that VIBE was not a bible, but a magazine in business to sell crap to the youth. But trust when I came home from school and that magazine was sitting in the door, nothing else mattered. Oh Oprah would be on, but VIBE held my attention. I would soak up every word until bedtime. Now remember back in these days VIBE was wide and I would hate folding it to take to school, so I would place it as careful as I could so I wouldn't bend the corners or wrinkle a page. Til this day I am still this anal when it comes to my books and mags. Entertainment media was an entirely different animal back in those days. You really had to search for news, it wasn't so instant like it is now. #nostalgicmoment