Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

500th Post - Happy 4th Anniversary to Hip Hop Moguls


Compared to Oprah four years is nothing but its a lot in terms of blogging. I could have hit 500 years ago but 2008 was a low posting year. I think I did 36 or something like that. But seeing that I was about to hit I wanted to wait until June because this is the month I started this blog back in 2007. Didn't think it would last this long to be honest. But I look forward to sharing information that absolutely nothing to do with gossip. I was looking over some of the things I wrote in the beginning and noticed that I've gotten away from sports coverage. The main reason for that is at the time when I started HHM, I was also running a blog over on Fox Sports called The Girls Locker Room, so they kinda connected. I got tired of dealing with those online racist that 'hate black athletes but will spend money to see them and ask for their autographs if they saw them' commenters. It was just way too negative.

By 2008, I started working on my book, The Black Magnolia Society, so that took time away. It also made me really think about the world of entertainment and what is it that I want to talk about that hasn't already been covered on every other blog. I try not to repeat stories but I have become a bit of a churnalist when it comes to press releases. I will admit to that LOL.

I'm looking forward to the 5th year and expanding HHM beyond the blog. I won't pull the curtains back just yet but I will soon.

Thanks for reading!

If you're not already. Follow me on Twitter @jaisuccessful