Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

Remember I said I wasn't on the Plies train...

Last week went to check out "Get Him to the Greek" (which I enjoyed) with my friend Ms. Philadelphia @OnlyNeka and she played the album the whole ride there. I found a new appreciation for the guy. I can appreciate a guy willing to take care of his woman to the point she doesn't have to spend a quarter and he'll pay for her trips with her girlfriends and her momma and they can stay as long as they want. I don't know any rapper that talks like that. Usually its about kicking a woman out the house at 6am and just maybe they can sip champagne with you in VIP while rockin your chain. So it was a breath of fresh air to hear hip hop/rap music about actually taking care of your woman.

Ladies wanting your man to provide for you does not make you a golddigger. Yes, you can provide for yourself and help bring home the bacon, but shit having a productive teammate wins championships. You can't do everything on your own and if you have someone in your life that is willing to go all out for you, don't take that or them for granted because they don't have to it and that applies to the fellas to. Be grateful if your blessed to be in a productive and overall positive relationship. Two weeks ago I never would've thought Plies would inspire this sort of topic but he has, so I'll keep my C. Delores turban in the closet for now, LOL.