Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I have this same question, its Day 5 of my NBA boycott

My answer is: The league no longer wants to market itself with players like the legendary Allen Iverson, in spite of his talent. Its practically turning into a development league with a bunch of no name players unworthy of a marque, with a few exceptions (i.e. Lebron, Chris Paul, Carmelo, etc). But I live in Philly and they expect a player like Lou Williams to develop a scorer's mentality. Isn't that the reason A.I. was traded in the first place? Ridiculous. Nothing against Lou, I think he's a good player...coming off the bench.

I think teams want players they can control and mold into what they want versus a player that stays true to who they are and makes no excuses or exceptions. Players that won't challenge coaches or make demands. Its what you call a 40 Million Dollar Slave.