Pages

Friday, June 26, 2009

My First Concert

Awesome memories. Most of my childhood memories involve Michael Jackson, I swear we're related, lol. But when I was about 4 my mom got tickets and took me and my fellow MJ fanatic, my cousin Kareem, to this concert at the old JFK stadium in Philly. I even think this was my first subway ride to South Philly we usually drove everywhere. I remember being so excited my nose started bleeding and I was really anxious I couldn't sit still. Something else I can recall is all the people that were there and having to use binoculars. I mean we were in a stadium and so far away like I tweeted earlier I just remember seeing glitter. I also remember being mad he didn't sing Thriller, lol. I was really disappointed because he didn't sing by himself. I knew about the Jacksons through my parents but I only really cared about Michael at that time. My mom said the tickets were just $20, they would be $500 in 2009. I remember going home with a poster that I hung up on my wall to hang with the many others I had. Funny thing about that time in my life I used to talk to my Michael Jackson posters. I didn't have imaginary friends. I had Mike. I had my Mickey Mouse night light because Mike loved Mickey and the huge posters and I would feel safe. Never thought there were monsters in my closet because Michael's big ass poster
was on the front of it, lol. Just wanted to flashback on that memory since it came to me:)