Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Why?


It would seem if you were heading in the right direction like up and coming artist, Dolla born Roderick Anthony Burton II, you wouldn't get shot like a dog in the street while waiting in the valet area of an upscale mall in Los Angeles. I've seen Dolla's videos a few times, they held my attention and he had the right formula for success. His eyes were what stood out to me the most. So when I heard the news I had to look him up youtube to make sure it was who I thought it was. Never would I have imagined this turn of events or the life Dolla lived before scoring his so called "big break". He lost a twin due to an enlarged heart, his father committed suicide in front of him and another sister is incarcerated. Obviously he was put in the role of being the provider for his family at an early age having sold drugs and having the wherewithal to start a his first rap group at age 12. The group would eventually land a record deal in 2001. Dolla was 13. That's amazing. It seems who ever pulled the trigger really wanted this 21 year old man dead and I really want to know why? Why do Black men look at themselves as being so disposable that you can kill at will in broad daylight? This wasn't the hood it was the Beverly Center. Sounds like a straight hit.
Link to Dolla f/ T-Pain "Who the F*** is That" Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVKa-dcKrOQ