Pages

Friday, August 24, 2007

One Night Only: Hip Hop History?

By now you heard about this historic moment when 50 Cent, Jay-Z, Diddy, Swizz Beats, and Kanye West bombarded the stage during T.I's performance at Screamfest on Wednesday at the Garden in New York.

History it was not. But it was great publicity. I've been to concerts where surprise guests would appear...I saw Aaliyah and Missy, Timbaland, Magoo, and Ginuwine came out back in 1997:) That made sense, they all rolled together.

It sounded like it was something special, but then I saw the video.




This display seemed more befitting of the all new Budweiser Superfest. Where is Bow Wow, Omarion, Chris Brown, and Marques Houston? Everybody on that stage is over 30 except for T.I. Run DMC never came through the "No Way Out" Tour and joined Puffy on stage. Damn, can a nucca have his moment in the spotlight without all of that mess.

For real, how much money was on that stage? And nobody bothered to make it rain? How rude?